Sunday, 25 March 2018

my blog about The Kite Runner



Author: Khaled Hosseini
Published in Canada by Anchor Canada, a division of Random House of Canada Limited.
 The  book was copy righted in 2003. The Kite Runner has 25 chapters and a acknowledgement, which adds up to 394 pages.

Synopsis: Amir is the son of a wealthy Kabul merchant, a member of the ruling caste Pashtuns.       Hassan, his servant and constant companion, is a Hazara, a despised and impoverished caste. Their uncommon bond is torn by Amir's choice to abandon his friend amidst the increasing ethnic, religious, and political tensions of the dying years of the Afghan monarchy, and apparently dissolved  when Amir and his father flee to California to escape the Soviet invasion, leaving Hassan and his own gentle father to a terrible fate. Source:  The Kite Runner , Author Khaled Hosseini, copy right 2003.

A link to a book review about The Kite Runner.
https://www.thoughtco.com/kite-runner-by-khaled-hosseini-book...

I am  reading The Kite Runner because it is a part of my English 12 course, and I am quite enjoying the book. I am on chapter 10 and find it hard to put down. I love reading about the different traditions and customs from Amir's childhood.

There is a disturbing situation in the book that happens to Hassan's son and Amir does nothing to stop it from happening. I found this shocking because I did not think that something like that would happen in Afghanistan. 

The author did a outstanding  job educating the reader about his life as a child in Afghanistan.