Saturday, 7 April 2018

Half way post

The passage in the book that appeals to me is when Amir's father (Baba) is on his death bed. Amir ask his father to go to General Taheri and ask for his daughter's hand in marriage. From page 170. " I sat beside sat beside him. " Then I wonder if  you"ll  do something for me. If you are not too exhausted." What." " I want you to go khastegari. I want you to ask General Taheri for his daughter's hand." Baba's dry lips stretched into a smile."  This makes more of a personal impact on my life. I know what is like to have a parent die of cancer. My mom went to the hospital to have her bladder removed, the operation was a success but the doctor's were unable to control the bleeding. I was five months pregnant with my second child when my mom passed away. Amir had a little bit happier ending then I did because his father was able to attending the wedding. This day was very important to Amir not only because he was wedding the woman of his dreams but for the first time Baba was proud of his son.

From page 82. " I had one last chance to make a decision. One final opportunity to decide who I was going to be. I could step into that alley, stand up for Hassan -- the way he'd stood up for me all those times in the past -- and accept whatever would happen to me. Or I could run. In the end, I ran. I ran  because I was a coward. I was afraid of getting hurt."  I do not think Amir's reaction was appropriate, he was very selfish. Amir did not have to run into the alley but he could of done something, he could throw rocks or yell and run to get help. He should of done something because Hassan was a very loyal servant. They had a strong bond between them that should of never been broken but it was that day in the alley. Amir never could forgive himself for this selfish act. I would not of done the same thing because I was a kid with no fear. I would stand up to people and physically fight them. I had a friend who had arthritis as a child and she had a big mouth. My friend and I were walking on a foot bridge with a creek running underneath it. Two boys who we knew from school started to harass us so of course we tried to stop them by using our voices. It was no use, they just kept harassing us. I walk over to them and that is when they got scared because I was a bit older then them. What happen next will surprise you. I grab the bigger boy and threaten to throw him in the creek from the foot bridge. Don't worry the bridge was not that high. The boys got scared and ran away. We thought it was funny. This was not the only time that I had to stand up to someone because my childhood had a big mouth. I was a tough kid with a heart of gold, who would protect even animals from bullies.


No comments:

Post a Comment